GET A FREE ESTIMATE 571-969-7761


Mold and Mildew on Your Home

Many people wonder if mold and mildew really are a problem if it’s on the outside of their home. Of course, no one wants it on their home but is it something that needs to be taken care of right away or can it be put on hold for a little. Another important question is can it cause health issues when it’s on the outside of your home. It helps to know just what mold and mildew is to really answer those questions.

Mold is a fungus that decomposes dead organic material. Mold is hair-like bodies that have spores on them, growing and thriving in moist warm conditions. If you have mold you can guess what it is doing to the material of your home. It can start to grow on the surface within as little time as 24 hours and then multiply rapidly. That is why it is common to have big patches of mold on your home. Mold can come in many different forms and colors. Some are toxic while others are not. Many people know of a common toxic mold known as black mold. This mold poses health risks to you and your animals even if it is on the outside of your home.

Mildew is also a type of fungus that decomposes dead organic material. It grows and thrives in wet and warm areas as well. So, you can conclude that if you have one you will have the other since they both grow and thrive in the same types of environment. Mildew surfaces quickly but unlike mold it grows in smaller patches. Mildew comes in a variety of colors but tends to be more powder like. It is not as harmful as mold but it can still pose health risks to you and your family.

Here are some of the impacts mold and mildew have on your health:

  • Headaches
  • Difficulty Breathing
  • Coughing
  • Excessive fatigue
  • Impair concentration
  • Redness and Itching Eyes, Mouth, and Nose

Once exposed to mold and mildew these symptoms can appear. If mold isn’t taken care of quickly it can have residual effects to your health even after it is removed. Here at Wilson’s Power Washing and Sealing we care about you and your health. We have certified professionals to remove mold. Even if the mold you may have on your home doesn’t cause health problems, it is still slowly eating away at your home and can eventually come in to your home if not taken care of. To ensure a good health home and family call us today!

By Wilson's Power Washing and Sealing 7-25-2017

Get a Free Power Washing Quote